Friday, June 4, 2010

Journalistic Rumblings - Futurama, The Gates, and summer TV

Rumble, rumble, rumble... I have to say, I'm glad summer is here. Things have slowed down a tad.

However, even with most of the fall and midseason shows coming to the end of their seasons, it still took me a couple days to put together a Summer TV Preview for Sci Fi Wire, and there's 40 TV shows, movies, specials and minis headed our way. Check it out... "Here's our Summer TV Mega Preview of 40 sci-fi shows and movies."

Some of the new shows are looking pretty good. Obviously HBO's True Blood should be fun, and ABC's The Gates has potential.

The Gates: I'll be talking to English actress Rhona Mitra at some point before the show premieres on June 20. She plays the vampire housewife. She also is guest starring on Stargate Universe as the hot Lucian Alliance leader, and a while back she was in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Futurama - My interview with David X. Cohen got pushed to next week. Producers are busy people and it happens all the time. I talked to David way back when Futurama was a new show and he's quite a chatter. I remember one interview went a hour long and he was just fascinating to talk to. I'm thrilled to see the series get picked up by Comedy Central for 12 more episodes.

Sci Fi Magazine: In other journalism news, the August issue of Sci Fi Magazine is on the big newsstands (like Borders) now.



My articles include a big True Blood section, including interviews with Rutina Wesley, Denis O'Hare, and Alan Ball. I also have articles on The Gates, Doctor Who's Matt Smith, and one on Warehouse 13 with an Eddie McClintock.

Non-Kathie articles cover The Last Airbender, Josh Brolin in Jonah Hex, Twilight, and The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Next up here... more interview extras with True Blood actors and with James Callis of Battlestar Galactica/FlashForward/Eureka.

No comments:

Post a Comment