Monday, April 5, 2010

Tired Kathie chims in about whatzup

Well, it was a busy week with 11 articles on Sci Fi Wire and queries out to publicists for articles for Sci Fi Magazine as well. Believe it or not we're working on the August issue of Sci Fi Magazine, which comes out in the beginning of June.

We're doing a 6 page spread on True Blood, so hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to Alan Ball, the creator and exec producer, again. Ball won an Oscar for his movie American Beauty, and he's a terrific interview. He loves the stuff they're doing on True Blood and he's having a blast with it from what he's told me in the past.

I'm also doing articles on Warehouse 13, Eureka, Merlin and Haven. So I should get some good actor interviews in. The shelf life on the magazine stuff is soooo much longer than the web stuff.

Last week on the Wire I wrote about FlashForward, Fringe, Supernatural, Merlin, Vampire Diaries, V, the MTV Award nominations, and my everything that's coming up in the week column. You can check it out in the Articles by Kathie Huddleston, if you're interested. There was some good interview stuff, especially with the Merlin piece. I actually wrote the Supernatural piece for the blog, but it turned out to work for the Wire, so it went there instead.

Anyway, tomorrow is the EVERYTHING column and my first of two articles on Mark Pellegrino. I'm doing Lost and a Supernatural pieces on him. Fascinating guy, as I think I've already written.

Later in the week, I've got a hot Vampire Diaries piece about the upcoming episode "Let the Right One In," with a Julie Plec interview.

Anyway, plans for the blog... beyond some interview and opinion stuff, I plan to run several Battlestar Galactica interviews. When the show was about to end I got a chance to interview everyone for a magazine piece. We ran a version of it online as well under Battlestar Stars Remember Their Favorite Moments.

I talked to most of the main people, and once these people started talking about the end of the series, the interviews were great. Unfortunately, except for the little bits that the magazine and the Wire used, the rest of it has sat in my computer.

So, when I get a chance, I'll start digging these out and publishing them as classic interviews. Of course, it probably won't happen when I'm doing 11 articles in a week... just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment