Monday, April 26, 2010

Yes folks, "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" is great!

UPDATE: My editor only ended up running one article with the interview with Chris Fedak. He got the interview up on Monday instead of Friday, so he felt he already had a Chuck story for the day. So I'm reworking things for post-mortem instead of a review for Monday.

Hey Chuck fans, I got a copy of "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" for review and it's just great. I've got two articles going up on Sci Fi Wire tomorrow (Monday a.m.) on Chuck. I'll post the direct links once they go up.

One is an interview with co-creator Chris Fedak on what to look forward to when it comes to the last six episodes of the season and the other is a review of the episode.

However, here's a mini-review for you with minimal spoilers...

"Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" picks up a few days after episode 13, which left us with Chuck and Sarah getting romantic and Morgan joining Operation Bartowski. While I will tell you that much of the action (and that includes Chuck and Sarah action) takes place on a train, and the episode involves Casey and Morgan partnering up, a Basque terrorist named Juan Diaz Arnaldo, and handcuffs. That's enough of a tease I think.

What I will tell you is that "Chuck Versus the Honeymooners" is one of my favorite episodes ever. It's very funny, Casey and Morgan are a stitch, and it's great to see Chuck and Sarah working as a team again.

I think bringing Morgan in to join the team was inspired. It gives Chuck the ability to evolve as a spy, without losing the nerdiness factor of the series.

Anyway, more later after the episode has aired.

No comments:

Post a Comment